When it comes to wearing a tuxedo, there are plenty of accessories and other options that you can consider. Let's take a closer look at how you can properly wear a tuxedo, by giving you a few great guidelines to remember.
Many people believe wearing a tuxedo is simply a matter of going in a black suit with a white shirt and a bowtie. But it's not that simple; there are many accessories available in plenty of options that you can go with, to create a unique informal style. You have to decide to everything from your shoes to your collars if you want to make sure that you look your best and fit in with the formal event you are attending.
There are a few unspoken rules when it comes to wearing a black tuxedo, petition they should not break. Although you are welcome to play around with different styles and accessories, the basics stay the same. It's especially important for someone without any tuxedo experience to know before choosing a specific outfit for a formal event that they will be attending.
- One of the first rules that you should remember is that you need to wear a self-tie bow tie. There are plenty of pre-tied bowties available, but you can simply click on and go. But this will be easily noticed, and it is always recommended that you tie your own bow tie, as the knot will almost always look slightly different from someone else's.
- Buy your own tuxedo and heavy tailor-made to your specific needs. This will ensure a perfect fit and ensure that your tuxedo is unique.
- Remember that even if your invite doesn't specifically state black-tie event, tuxedo and dinner jacket are all just different names for exactly the same thing.
- Always remember to match the fabric of the bowtie to the fabric of your lapels and the strike on your pants. If all else fails, a Velvet bow tie will look well on almost any tuxedo.
- If you are wearing a single-breasted jacket, you should wear a vest, waistcoat or, fund. The main idea here is to conceal the white shirt fabric that will accumulate between your jacket button and your waistband.
- When you wear a tuxedo or a dinner jacket in a single-breasted form, it should have only one button.
- Remember that a tuxedo jacket should not have notch lapels. They are not formal enough for a decent tuxedo.
- Another thing to remember is that you need to wear a pocket square. It should be cotton or white linen. In some cases, you can wear a darker color like burgundy.
- Do not match your accessories and your tuxedo with your date. The purpose of the tuxedo is not to complement someone else's outfit, as it is meant to look amazing in its own right.
- That is not always the only color you can choose to wear a tuxedo. Some colors like midnight blue are making a real comeback.
- It's not always necessary to wear a pleated front shirt. They are usually more traditional and formal looking, but the button up shirt can look just as good.
- Remember the court shoes are only useful for white tie attire. They are not appropriate for black-tie attire.
- Blatant leather shoes should only be worn with peptide outfits, and they should be in a lace up form.
- If you choose to go with calf skin shoes, they should always be well polished and free of any medallions.
- You can choose to wear a button-down shirt but use it wisely. It is also not recommended for any club events.
- Another great tip is that you should wear tuxedo suspenders with your outfit. They not only help to keep your pants up but they are very stylish and definitely a modern accessory to wear.
- When it comes to suspenders, white and black suspenders are the most traditional options to go with. Women can get away with a few more colors, like pink.
- Velvet jackets and jackets of colors other than black or midnight blue should be worn only on certain occasions. They are less formal than a traditional tuxedo, so they should never be your first option.
- White or fairly lightly colored dinner jackets should only be worn when you are in a warm weather or tropical climate. They are not appropriate for winter months.
- Studs can look quite interesting, but they are not necessary.
- Your jacket pockets should not be flap pockets. If you have a jacket with flap pockets. You can tuck them in to look like besom pockets.
- Remember that semi-formal dress means black-tie, and formal dress means white tie. Know the different dress code definitions so that you will show up in the right attire for the event.
A tuxedo is a popular outfit and a great way to dress for a formal event. These tips should help you to make the most out of your attire and ensure that you have the perfect look when arriving at an event.